Homeschooling Took Over My Life

I just checked this thing out of curiosity about when my last blog was... it was July 8th of last year. It turns out I really did need to "break up with facebook," because if I hadn't, there's no way I would have been able to focus on homeschooling my daughter.

I have found there are several things in my list of things I "used to do," including writing stories, posting blogs, drawing/doing artwork, reading books on a regular basis... lots of creative things that I found going by the wayside once I realized I was going to be homeschooling, working, taking her to Community Day (a weekly meeting for her charter), and taking my youngest to Speech Therapy.

The funny thing is, I'm not really upset about the fact that I haven't been able to express myself as I normally do. I mean, I still think about it every so often, and I'm grateful for Summer Break as I'll hopefully be able to do a little bit more of it, but it hasn't "broken" me. I'm not resentful for the fact that I've had to put some things on hold: I'm just grateful I've been able to get her through the school year pretty well, in spite of the fact that there were some crazy changes in our family (not the immediate family, but family nonetheless) and our church that I was definitely not expecting.

We have another (unexpected, but fun and exciting) change coming up: I found out in January that I was pregnant again... this time, it's a boy! We're going to name him Isaiah. It's the name Daddy has always wanted for his son (ever since we found out we were going to have our first). I'm totally excited and I'm a little bit bound and determined that he's gonna be a Momma's Boy. :P My wonderful husband has always enjoyed going on "Daddy-Daughter Dates," and they certainly adore him quite a bit (our youngest even more so than our oldest), so now it's my turn for some "Mother-Son Dates". (Well, not yet, of course... he hasn't even been born yet!)

Anyway, those are a few updates... Amber's homeschooling doesn't actually end until next Wednesday, so I'm going to help her get a few more lessons knocked out.

If you're reading this, thank you. It's pretty easy to get bored with a blog (especially when the blogger doesn't ever post something new), so I appreciate that you took the time to read this. :)

Comments

Popular Posts