Monday, June 23, 2014

Changes in Life

There are those who do well with change, and those who don't.

I think I'm one of the latter.

See, I'm going through a few changes right now myself... my daughter is going to be homeschooled by me (something I've obviously never done before), my youth pastors (yes, the ones who pastored me when I was a teenager!) are retiring, and all kinds of other things I'm not at liberty to speak about are going on. Needless to say: CHANGE.

I don't do too well with change, I guess because it's so unpredictable. See, if I'm miserable doing something, at least I know it's something I'm doing and it's making me miserable. That, I seem to be OK with. But changing things up and doing something that might possibly be amazing (OR can be highly disappointing) is new to me. I don't like to take risks.

You're talking to the kid who wouldn't try to do a flip on mom and dad's bed because I'd read about how Christopher Reeve got paralyzed from the neck down because he was thrown off a horse. You're talkin' to the kid who, when her bike would speed up a little bit going down a hill by her house, would see images in her mind of the front page story in the paper about the kid who died by going too fast on her bike.

Yeah, you're talkin' to me.

I don't know how these changes are gonna go... and honestly, I'm pretty nervous about them. I not-so-secretly fear I'll be awful as a homeschooling mom, and that whoever's the new youth pastor won't be ready to take this gigantic task of working with and for these youth... and I'm honestly kind of a worrywart. Not cool, I know, but that's just how I roll.

This is the thing: My worrying helps NO ONE.

It doesn't help my husband, who believes wholeheartedly that I can do this. It doesn't help my daughter, who needs Momma to be focused on this monumental responsibility, and it certainly doesn't help me... the one who's debated whether she should pull her hair out about a zillion times, just because it would be its own kind of relief.

So I'm gonna do something no one has EVER done before (yeah right). Something so clever (not), so MIND-blowing, that you might not even be able to comprehend what I'm about to say...

I am going to give it to God.

Yep, that's right. I'm gonna hand it over to Him. My days only get shorter by worrying anyway... I'm gonna give it to Him and let Him work things out. There's no use worrying today about what's going to happen tomorrow anyway! Every day has enough trouble of its own.

So I'm gonna give my worries to God, because He knows what to do with them. Is anyone with me? He can hold your worries just as well as He holds mine... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment