Monday, March 8, 2010

Ignorance is bliss... but ignorance kills

Friday, June 12, 2009

I am small, humble, obscure - hidden in a safe place
Yet my minute frame is a heated debate topic

Am I or aren't I?
So much hangs on the answer to this question...

But so few are truly willing to seek out the answers. Let me speak:

My heart beats and pumps my own blood.
I can comprehend what's taking place around me. I recognize and favor my mother's voice.

I can taste. I have emotions. I scowl, pout, and turn my head.
I feel every pain that pervades my body.

I have fingerprints. I have toes.
I think my own thoughts... yet you do not treasure them enough to uncover what they are.

The horror that my peers have faced, the silent screams...
Silent because you cannot hear, or because you do not wish to listen?

Will you hold me in your arms? Will you allow someone else to love me?
Or will you cast me away as a scrap of trash, unworthy and undeserving of that chance?

I AM a human life, I AM a child...

I am an unborn 20 week old baby...
Handle me with care.

-Jenn, 6/12/09

No comments:

Post a Comment